Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome Life On Leroy Street! *Guest Post*

I'm Alli, a wife, mom and a lover of living a simple life. I blog over at Life on LeRoy.  I work in the corporate
world and I love my job (so blessed).  My husband, little man and I live in Western Wisconsin.

Living a simple life is very important to me. I actually strive to live simply because I feel like it makes my soul happy and helps me to focus on the little, beautiful things in life that surround us everyday.  How often do you take time to rejoice in the little things?  This simple way of living started for me a few years back when I became very overwhelmed with everything that was happening in my life. I felt almost like I couldn't breath.  I knew I needed to do something about it.  I took a step back, reevaluated my priorities and threw away the clutter in life.  
 
Sometimes I feel the pressure from the outside world making me feel like I should have 100 things going on at all times, but why?  I have found that I don't have to be involved in everything, I don't have to attend every event I'm invited to, I don't have to have a bunch of clutter in my house that I don't need to be happy.  I'm more happy when I'm evaluating my priorities and doing the things that make my family and I happy.
When I was a junior in High School I took a trip to Peru, South America. I stayed for 12 days in the Amazon Rainforest and visited villages where people had very little. They lived in shacks, ate whatever they could find and wore mismatched clothing. However, something to this day stands out in my mind about them; they were so happy and so beautiful! They live these simple lives, free of clutter and even though they don't have much, they have enough. When you feel like you have enough in your life it can be such a satisfying feeling.
I hope that everyone who reads this post, gets a little inspired to evaluate their lives, their priorities, their clutter.  Do you really need all that you have?  Would you be happier with a simpler life? 
Live Simply!
Stop by my blog and say hello!  I would lOvE to meet you!

No comments: