Friday, September 30, 2011

Where am I?

Well I can't believe it. I'm 'blogging'. At least I think I am.

I figured I should give you a quick background of who I am and why I'm here. Is anyone even reading this?

My name is Stephanie. I'm a 26 year old wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, you get the idea.

My husband Andrew and I have been together since 2001. We met in high school, this is the part of the story where everyone usually says "awwwww".


We were married May 15, 2009. 


Shortly after the wedding, literally that night we started trying to conceive our son. After an entire year filled with doctor appointments, ovulation tests, temperature charting, a million pregnancy tests (I should have bought stock in them!) and lots of tears we FINALLY found out we were expecting our first child!


Fun fact: We found out 3 days before our 1 year wedding anniversary.

I wish I could tell you that I was one of those women who had an amazing pregnancy, loved every minute of it and that I was glowing. WRONG. I was sick the entire time with hyperemesis gravidarum which is extreme, persistent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Instead of gaining weight I actually lost 25 pounds and the only reason I ever glowed was from the perspiration from vomiting 24/7. I can't say I hated it though, in those moments where my son kicked or moved around at the sound of my voice, I loved it. But it was a long and difficult 8 1/2 months. Yes only 8 1/2, my son Connor was born 6 weeks early, but that story is for another day.


I joked with my OBGYN that since I was having such a difficult pregnancy that I thought I was owed the world's easiest delivery. How I wish that were what happened. Again that story is for another day.

Fast forward almost a year...Connor is now 9 1/2 months old, which shocks me every time I say it. He is doing fantastic! He is the sweetest, funniest, happiest little boy in the world. You would never guess that he was born 6 weeks premature. 


I'm starting this blog so family and friends can keep up with what's going on in our day-to-day lives and hopefully connect with other SAHM's. And because my friend Ashley who's a blogger veteran said I should.

DISCLAIMER: Please go easy on me, I'm a blog virgin. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. And you!

Jess Wilson said...

This was beautiful :) thanks for sharing! I'll be looking forward to reading your next blog. By the way Connor is too cute, you are truely blessed!

Jayme said...

Good job Precious! I can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Good job Stephanie! Keep 'em coming, love ya! Dawn

Trish Shurtz said...

You are a natural at this.... keep writing!!!

Danielle said...

You're awesome! You were born to blog! Love you!

Bridget said...

You make your Mama proud Sunshine. xoxo