Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas & First Haircuts

I'm back!!!

I'm so so sorry that I haven't been around. Between our crazy holiday schedule and my netbook getting a virus, I have not been able to blog. But it's a new year and I'm BACK! :)

First of all I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Year. Can you believe it's 2012!? I definitely can't. By the time I get used to writing 2012, it will be 2013. Happens every year.

Connor had an amazing first Christmas. OK I know it wasn't technically his first Christmas but since he was only 11 days old last year and it was the day he came home from the hospital, Christmas kind of didn't count. So in our minds, this was his first Christmas.


Christmas has always been my favorite holiday but for the past 10 years or so, it just hasn't been the same and I couldn't figure out why. Until now. When you're an adult the magic of Christmas gets lost. But now that I have a son, I get to relive the magic through him.

I can't wait to continue all our Christmas traditions with him. And although this year he had no idea what was going on, I can't wait for the next 10 or so years when Christmas is filled with wonder.

Writing Santa a letter on Christmas Eve, leaving out cookies and milk, carrots for the reindeer, not being able to sleep all night with anticipation, waking up that morning and running out to see all the presents (Santa wraps presents in our house, including stocking suffers, and the wrapping paper has "Santa" on it...AKA Santa Paper). Making both your parents write "Love Santa" over and over to compare handwriting in order to figure out if Santa's real, upon realizing he must be real you discuss in detail (for a 7 year old) how the heck he gets all the way around the world in 1 night, what about houses with no fireplaces? Helping your Dad put together all your new toys, wrapping paper all over the house, fighting with your brother over who gets to put the last ornament on the advent calendar, watching A Christmas Story on TBS, begging for just one more Christmas cookie and of course...spending all day in your pajama's hanging out with your parents, who for some reason, are way cooler on Christmas. :)


Now fast forward to today... we reached another big milestone. At least Momma thinks it counts as a milestone. Connor had his first haircut!!!

My husband had been telling me he needed a haircut for a couple months but I just couldn't bring myself to do it! He kept telling me that Connor had a "mullet" and I just kept rolling my eyes...until Friday.

On Friday we had a Mommy/Baby/Toddler play date with one of my Mommy BFF's, and guess what? They agreed with my husband and said Connor definitely had a mullet! Pretty sure they even said he looked like a lil redneck baby, I think the blue jeans and white T-shirt completed the look. ;)

So today was the day! My sweet baby toddler boy (that just doesn't have the same ring to it) got his first haircut! I have to admit...he looks VERY handsome now. But he looks so much older now and that's exactly what I was afraid of.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

You are so good at this! I love reading your blog, can't tell you how much I missed them! <3

Lisa @ Tales of a Young Housewife said...

Just wanted to let you know I recently found your blog & LOVEE it! Great reminder that my daughter desperately needs a hair cut lol :)