Friday, January 20, 2012

Weight Watchers - Week 2

Well week 2 is over, it flew by. I definitely wasn't as dedicated to walking this week. Between life and not feeling well I have no excuse. Last week I was SO motivated but this week I felt defeated. Crazy I know, especially after losing 3.6 pounds last week. All week I had negative thoughts running through my mind like: 

This does not FEEL like a diet, so how is it going to work?

Losing weight last week was just a fluke, no way is this going to work.

I'm NEVER going to get to my goal. Why bother? 

I'm sad that I'm letting self-sabotaging thoughts get in my way of reaching my goal. I'm really nervous to weigh in. We'll see how tonight goes...

Well I just got back from my meeting and here are this weeks stats... 

Start Date:  Jan. 5, 2012
Starting Weight: 198

Today's Date: Jan. 19, 2012
Current Weight: 192.6 

Week 2 = LOST 1.8 pounds
Total Loss = 5.4 pounds gone! 

Wow! I have to say I'm pretty excited. I thought since I didn't walk everyday like I did last week that there was no way I would lose any weight. But this just proves to me that even without exercise, if you stick to your points you WILL lose weight! Because lets be real, there are going to be weeks where I don't work out for whatever reason. But now I know that as long as I stick with this I will eventually get to my goal. 

So here's how this week went... 

Note: My Daily Point Limit is 32. You also get an additional 49 points a week to use however you want (a little everyday, all at once, or not at all). You also earn points for the activity that you do. 

 Day 1: Used 27 points. (5 points remaining) 
Earned 2 points for a 30 minute walk. 
Earned 4 points for a 40 minute bike ride.

Day 2: Used 49 points. (Used 17 of my 49 extra. My husband and I went out to dinner for our 11 year anniversary. Seriously 11 years! MMM Outback)

 
Day 3: Used 25 points. (7 points remaining)

 
Day 4: Used 35 points. (Used 3 of my 49 extra)

 
Day 5: Used 30 points. (2 points remaining)


Day 6: Used 30 points. (2 points remaining)

Earned 2 points for a 30 minute walk. 

Day 7: Used 31 points. (1 point remaining.)


49 Extra Weekly Points Used: 25 

Activity Points Earned: 8 (I did not use any of these points for food.)

  My goal for week 2 was to continue walking 3x a week, drink 2 bottles of water a day and also hit my 32 points a day. I'm pretty disappointed to say that I didn't complete any of these goals. I only walked 2x and definitely didn't drink enough water or hit my points everyday.


Note: I talked to the leader at tonight's meeting about not always hitting my 32 daily points and she said as long as I'm losing weight and don't feel hungry (AKA starving myself) that it's fine not to always hit 32. Everyone is different. Thank goodness because I didn't see how forcing myself to eat was healthy, especially since I'm eating enough during the day that I'm satisfied and even full sometimes. 
 
 Week 3 Goal: I am going to keep these same goals and I WILL COMPLETE them by next week. Go for a walk 3 days, and drink 2 bottles of water a day. 

2 comments:

Wendy Sewell said...

Way to go! That's amazing! No one can do the right thing all the time but it definitely doesn't have to be all or nothing! You should be proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you friend! 5lbs gone!!! you are doing so well :-)