Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weight Loss - Week 8

Last week after my Weight Watchers meeting I was 99% sure that I would be cancelling it. (In case you missed that post, read it here)  

On Saturday while Andrew, Connor and I ran some errands, I picked up a Weight Watchers scale from Target. As soon as I got home I weighed myself because I wanted to see how it compared to what I weighed at my meeting. It said 190 and at my last meeting I weighed 189.6 so I'm excited and confident that the scales are so close that I won't have to adjust for weighing in on a different scale. I had no idea how I was going to figure it out if the new scale said I weighed 5 pounds more. Would that count as true gain or??? Luckily I don't have to think about that! Yay for accurate scales! HA! 

So these posts will be a little different now. Since I'm not truly counting points because I'm not tracking, I won't be writing how many points I used and how many points I earned. But I'm still using all the skills they taught me and eating healthy portions.

So here's how week 8 went...

Start Date:  Jan. 5, 2012
Starting Weight: 198

Today's Date: Mar. 1, 2012
Current Weight: 188.1

Week 8: Lost 1.5
Total Loss: 9.9 lost!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! The last 3 weeks I was getting really discouraged after not seeing results. This is just confirmation that I can do this and even better, I can do it by myself!! It's also exciting because I feel like everything I lose from here on is real weight and not water weight. 

So here is what I did this week...

Friday - worked out 1.5 hours. 

Monday - worked out 1.5 hours.

Wednesday - worked out 1.5 hours. 

When I go to the gym I do 15-30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. But the elliptical I use is one like this that can also be used as a stair climber.  
Then I do 120 sit ups on the exercise ball. (side and front ones) Then Jayme and I will do a few of the following: squats on the balance ball, kettle bell squats, walking lunges, planks, free weights, we throw a 10 lbs medicine ball back and forth, ride the bike, play basketball, swim laps, and sometimes we do some of the machines. I'm finding that I like free weights better than the machines. With the machines I don't feel like I'm working as hard, it's like the machine is doing some of the work for me. But with free weights, I'm using my whole body instead of just the one muscle. (thanks Jayme for teaching me!) 

This was my 3rd week working out at the gym. I always go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Depending how I feel on Tuesday, sometimes I will go and do some extra cardio. 

Because I had a pretty big loss this week I expect next week won't be as big. But I'm hoping to still see a loss!  

1 comment:

Bridget said...

So proud of you! Keep up the good work.