We've all heard of Pregnancy Brain. That horrible forgetfulness that you develop while pregnant. The doctors promise that it's temporary and it will go away after they baby is born. They lied.
It doesn't go away, they just call it something different. Mom Brain.
You suffer from Mom Brain if you've ever:
- Lost your car keys and found them in the refrigerator, the front door, etc.
- Put on a shirt inside out and wore it the entire day that way
- Went to the store to pick up milk, bought a bunch of other things but forgot the milk
- Put the ice cream in the cupboard
- Got out of the shower and realized you forgot to rinse out the conditioner
- Pack yourself something to eat and when you go to eat it realize you packed Puffs, goldfish and cheerios
- Shaved only 1 leg in the shower
Well Mom Brain won this week. I totally forgot to get Connor something to wear on Thanksgiving. It is his first Thanksgiving after all. Yesterday I went to a bunch of stores looking for a onesie, a bib, a shirt, anything that said My First Thanksgiving, or something like it. There was NOTHING. Everything was already gone and replaced by Christmas outfits, which I already have.
So last minute, thanks to my Mom Brain, I bought some fabric paint from the craft store and made a Thanksgiving onesie. If you know me, than you know I DO NOT have a steady hand. So needless to say, it's a very lame onesie. But hey, I just need to get a couple pictures of him in it for his baby book and then I can put him in one of his gazillion cute outfits I already have.
Last year at Thanksgiving dinner all we could talk about was how this time next year we would have an almost 1 year old eating turkey and mashed potato's at the table with us; and here we are a year later. I know I keep saying it, but this year really has gone by way too fast. My sweet baby boy is going to be a toddler in 22 days! EEK!
I love you my sweet boy! You'll always be my baby no matter how old you are.